Top Reasons You Should Opt For Professional Duct Cleaning
All of us understand the importance of staying in clean, hygienic and fresh surroundings. The reasons why we need to live and breathe in a clean environment are obvious. Apart from the obvious health reasons, it adds to improving the quality of your life while ensuring that you are fresh and productive all throughout the day.
In order to make sure that we live in a clean and hygienic environment, it’s important to know which things to keep clean, how often you should clean them, how to clean them and why is it imperative that you keep those items and areas sparkling. This article delves into the reasons why you should get the ducts of your heating and cooling systems at home or offices clean.
Let’s Deal With This One By One.
1. What is Duct Cleaning?
Duct cleaning usually involves the thorough cleaning of the components of the heating and cooling systems which include the return and supply air ducts, registers, diffusers and grillers, cooling and heating coils of the heat exchangers, fan motors and housing, air handling unit housing and drip pans.
When you have these systems working at the office or at home, in time, dust particles, pollen and other debris accumulate – mould formation takes place and all these get released into the air of the room which you and others breathe in.
Combining this disastrous combination with moisture and humidity there is a spurt of spore formation which can lead people to experience allergies and hay fever when exposed.
2. Why should I hire professional duct cleaning services?
It is imperative to hire professional duct cleaning services simply because you may not be the best judge to understand the mechanism of the heating or cooling system you are currently. Even if you are able to figure it out, it takes a whole lot of time to understand the kind of tools you need to use, the kind of chemicals (if needed that can be used), the pressure you need to exert while dealing with sensitive parts etc. It’s best left to the experts. Not only does this save your time, it also means that you have even peace of mind to focus productively on your work.
Here’s why professional duct cleaning services will do a faster and thorough job when it comes to duct cleaning:
- When you decide to get duct cleaning done, you need to make sure that the cleaning expert understands the heating or cooling system well technically. He is well versed in the kinds of components being used. Professional duct cleaning service providers are qualified for the job. Since they understand each and every component of the system well, they can do a thorough cleaning. If the components are not given a thorough clean-up, it leads to recontamination of the system which means your time, effort and money would not be effectively utilized.
- There are a variety of ways for duct cleaning that vary from one professional duct cleaning services to another. However, industry associations have an established set of standards concerned with professional duct cleaning services. Usually, professional duct cleaning expert uses a special tool that removes debris and dirt before vacuuming it with a high powered vacuum cleaner. This is when the professional cleaning expert can apply chemicals, especially, if there are moulds or spores. At times, there may be chemical treatments which involve sealants to encapsulate the inside surface of the air ducts and equipment housings to control the growth of mould and prevent it from being released into the air. There are eco-friendly alternatives available for this. You can always ask you professional duct cleaning service provider in Melbourne about the chemicals they are using.
- Not all professional duct cleaning services will include encapsulating the interiors of the ducts using sealants so that no air leaks happen. Some professional duct cleaning service providers in …… may charge additional for doing so.
- Some people are more sensitive to the quality of the air than others such as children, pregnant women, the elderly or those with a history of respiratory issues. They are highly likely to get affected by the kind of air they are exposed to. If you notice unexplained allergies in those around you, it is time to take a good look at the air ducts. If the air ducts appear to be dirty, they probably are, good enough indication that you need to clean them. It is recommended to get professional duct cleaning done once in 6 months depending on the level of air pollution where you live.
There are a few things you need to consider when getting professional Duct Cleaning Melbourne done either in your office or at home. If in case, there appear to be mould deposits in the air ducts, an expert can hint at the possibility that it is indeed moulded and not regular debris. This can then be confirmed by a laboratory analysis. This will help you decide whether you need to carry out a thorough mould treatment in your heating or cooling systems or not.
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Sofa Cleaning
- Curtain Cleaning
- Curtain Steam Cleaning
- Curtain Dry Cleaning
- Blind Cleaning
- Curtain Repair
- Duct Cleaning
- Air Conditioning Duct cleaning
- Duct Carbon Monoxide Testing
- Heater Unit Servicing
- Duct Repair
- Carpet Cleaning
- Carpet Steam Cleaning
- Carpet Dry Cleaning
- Rug Cleaning
- Carpet Repair
- Tile and Grout Cleaning
- Tile Sealing
- Tile Repair
- Water Damage Cleaning
- Water Damage Repair
- Mattress Cleaning
- Mattress Protection
- Leather Cleaning
- End Of Lease Cleaning